What I Believe
These are statements that define the way I live my life. I’m probably pretentious for making this list.
- Be compassionate and empathetic to others. The golden rule encapsulates this: treat others as you’d wish to be treated. Don’t eat animals.
- Fewer good relationships are better than many average ones.
- People come and go from your life. Let go, and maybe you’ll cross paths again in the future.
- You’re never above someone else.
- When possible, spend time one-on-one with people. Conversations are typically more meaningful and these conversations lead to a deeper bond.
- Never stop moving and iterating, because life is short.
- Always grow, no matter how small the change. The sum of many small changes is large.
- Being moderately good at a lot of things is better than being good at a few and bad at many others. This point might be contentious.
- Go outside your comfort zone.
- Do creative things.
- Do athletic things.
- Do intellectual things.
- Don’t waste time.
- Reduce ownership. Ownership of many things is mental overhead.
- Sometimes you don’t need to talk.
- Spend as much time in nature as possible.
- Escape the internet as often as possible.
- Quality is better than quantity.
- Always live significantly below your means.
- Never forget that life is absurd.
I’ll update this with more as I think of things.